Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

New Large Gelli Print Plate

When can you use red and green paint together without making mud? When you layer each color separately and let them dry in between. I ordered the new large (12 X 14) Gelli print plate online, and could hardly stand the wait until it came. I've been obsessively looking at photos of Gelli prints for a while on Pinterest and debating whether I needed one, or whether I should just continue making plates from gelatin. I love the gelatin plates, but they don't last and I can never get all the bubbles out of them. So, I coughed up the $60 and I'm glad I did. The Gelli plate gives you slightly different results since it's a dryer surface, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. There's a complexity and a bit of mystery in the layered prints.

One of my new transparent collages

Summer Dance

Summer Dance
One of my collages